Kulfi is one of the most popular and ancient frozen dessert of India. It is best enjoyed in summer, but as it is favourite of everyone people love eating it in any season. The main ingredient in kulfi is thickened milk or khoya. It can be made in different flavors like rose, cardamom, pista, kesar, mango, malai etc.
Here is how to make one
|Whole cow milk (Can use low fat milk as well)||150-200 ml||93-124|
|Cardamom||As per taste||Negligible|
Macro Nutrients Information in the above
|Whole cow milk||7-9.35 g||4.80-6.64 g||5.0-6.7 g|
|Jaggery||14.7-19.5 g||0 g||0 g|
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Take whole milk and boil to make it little thick
- Add desired amount of Jaggery (can be replaced with sugar which gives you almost equal amount of calories but no micro-nutrients and it is more processed then jaggery)
- Add desired amount of crushed or powdered cardamom
- Mix them well
- Bring it down to room temperature
- Fill in the kulfi molds and freeze them
Number of calories consumed
Even if you are using whole cow milk instead of highly publicized low fat milk and jaggery you will end up eating only 200 calories for the amount of kulfi you prepared from 150-200 ml milk. The best part is your preparation contains good fat which has CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) which in turn promotes healthy fat loss. So enjoy your kulfi without any guilt.